Romesh C. Batra
- B.S., Mechanical Engineering (Gold Medalist, 1st rank in 3 states), Punjabi Univ., India, 1968.
- M.A.Sc., Mechanical Engineering, Univ. of Waterloo, Waterloo, Canada, 1969.
- Ph.D., The Johns Hopkins University, Baltimore, USA, 1972.
Multiscale Analysis of Multiphysics Problems involving material and Geometric Nonlinearities, Nanomechanics, Dynamic Failure under Shock Loads, Smart Structures, Functionally Graded Materials.
Work of Research Group featured on Cover of Computational Materials Science
Featured from: D. Verma, S. S. Gupta and R. C. Batra, Vibration Mode Localization in Single- and Multi-layered Graphene Nanoribbons, Computational Materials Science, 95, 41-52, 2014.
Activities of My Group
Computer Code (in Fortran) for the solution of linear elastodynamic problems by the meshless local Petrov-Galerkin (MLPG) method.
Simulations of a Taylor Impact Test
- Depleted Uranium (DU)
- Tungsten heavy alloy (WHA)
Publications by topic
- Adiabatic Shear Banding (80 publications)
- Composites (107 publications)
- Constitutive Relations (5 publications)
- Contact/Indentation (11 publications)
- Dynamic Buckling (7 publications)
- Dynamic Fracture Mechanics (5 recent publications)
- Functionally Gradient Materials (34 publications)
- Meshless Method (31 publications)
- Microelectromechanical systems (MEMS) (11 publications)
- Nanoscience/Nanotechnology (9 publications)
- Penetration & Impact Problems (5 recent publications)
- Plates, Shells, Beams and Rods (83 publications)
- Smart Structures/piezoelectricity (48 publications)
Romesh C. Batra, PhD
Clifton C. Garvin Professor
Fellow - ASME, ASEE, AAM, SES, USACM
Department of Biomedical Engineering and Mechanics (0219)
Norris Hall, Room 333-E, Virginia Tech
495 Old Turner Street
Blacksburg, VA 24061